Friday, March 22, 2013

You've Got to see this!

Hello Daylily Friends,

Out in the Greenhouse this morning there was a beautiful new seedling.  I now call it Seedling 3-307.  It is a cross between the following: (Bluegrass Memories x Seedling 11-234).  I am not sure how to describe its color.  I wouldn't necessarily call it blue, but still a color that I can't recall seeing before.  I like the edge on the petals.  It is 38" tall, 3-way branching with a proliferation, 17 buds, and a 4 3/4" flower.  I crossed it with Seedling 3-305 that I showed on yesterday, Thursday, March 21, 2013.  I might also note that 3-307 was planted on July 26, 2012.  So, it has bloomed in just over 7 months.

Also this morning I saw another scape emerging on PINK STRIPES, Plant #2.  I'm showing a picture.  Again, I'm just very fortunate to have a scape emerging on two plants when I don't normally have a scape until after a year has passed from the time of my attempted conversion effort.  I can't wait to see what emerges.  I am very, very hopeful that Plant #2 is converted because its foliage is so, so hard and stiff.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment