Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Stunning Results; See Pictures!

Hello Daylily Friends,

I was so pleased earlier this summer when my first future introduction bloomed from using TET. SEBASTIAN THE CRAB.  I made posts about the bloom on May 27, and then again on July 5.  My earlier three (3) scapes that I reported on May 27, each had a "W" at the top of the scape, which I equated with three branches.  Then, as I reported on July 5, I had a rebloom scape emerging.  It turned out to have 7-way branching.  I've seen quite a few double daylilies, but I've never seen a 9" bloom on 7-way branching, and most especially on a 37" scape.  In my thinking this is a big leap in hybridizing.  So, this morning, I've got to show the branching, and then show the new blooms.  While I've had some good blooms here in 2016, nothing, absolutely nothing, tops this accomplishment from using TET. SEBASTIAN THE CRAB.  Take a look at the two pictures, and see if you can agree.

I have also just seen my first bloom from having used TET. ASHEE DASHEE.  I crossed this conversion with my seedling 3-349 (Red Sapphire x Red Top Mountain).  While this seedling is very encouraging, I will see much more over the next two years.  I call this new flower Seedling 6-114.

I've also got to show a bloom from Seedling 6-109 which is a cross between BARABARA WATTS and OPA KLAUS.  The teeth from BARABARA WATTS, combined with the teeth from BUZZ SAW BOOGIE, the pod parent of OPA KLAUS, are what I think produced the teeth on 6-109.  I would point out that 6-109 was planted on August 20, 2015. So, 6-109 is less than a year old.  Looking forward to seeing many more blooms from this cross next summer.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what can be produced from my new seedling from TET. SEBASTIAN THE CRAB.

Bill

3 comments:

  1. Amazing doubles Bill. Opa klaus has a scape coming up for me here in MA. I will update you with opa's hardiness in the spring. Love what you are doing with conversions
    Zachary Hickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zachary
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures of OPA KLAUS. Ours required a rebloom before it was at its best. Then it was taller than it was when it was registered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zachary
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures of OPA KLAUS. Ours required a rebloom before it was at its best. Then it was taller than it was when it was registered.

    ReplyDelete