It seems to me that both Seedlings one and two look very, very good. Although I am pleased with my progress with these two seedlings, I know from long experience that the next several weeks is the most crucial time in the treatment process. What happens is that the application of water seems to cause rot to begin from inside the growing area of the daylily. Once I have noticed rot, I have found that it is then very difficult to save the plant. So, as I have said, very little water should be applied. Indeed, I say again, only apply the water sparingly, and only on the outside of the container. Keep all moisure away from the treated daylily.
One thing I have done is to take plastic coke containers, cut them properly, and then put them over the two treated seedlings. I would particularly note that I cut triangular air holes on both sides of the coke containers, and then put a small, flat rock on top of each of the coke containers, just to help keep them in place. I do this to keep overhead moisure that will fall from the ceiling of the greenhouse from causing any trouble as the seedlings grow out of the Colchicine treatment process.
I can also report that all of the seedlings that were on the top of my coolant unit in the greenhouse, have all now been treated, and are again growing nicely back on top of the coolant unit. These treated seedlings receive no water until about day fifteen following treatment, and then additional water is given about every subsequent five to six days. It gets warm on top of the coolant unit because the sun is warm. I am hoping that this will help the daylilies grow out of their treated state.
I will keep you posted as I move through this winter treatment process.