Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day Bloom!

Hello Daylily Friends,

My Seedling 1-300 bloomed this morning.  While it is not as beautiful as it was blooming outside this past summer, it is still very nice.  A wonderful bloom to see on a Christmas morning.  Its teeth are not a prevalent or noticeable as they were with the summer heat, but I'm delighted to see a bloom at this time of year.  Today it is really raining outside, but last year it was snowing on Christmas day.  Since I mention the bloom of 1-300 from this past summer, I thought that I would also show that bloom as well.

We're waiting for Kelley Rae, Little Lily Rae, and father Jeff to arrive for Christmas.  Diana has prepared a wonderful ham, and of course we can't wait to see Little Lily Rae.  Perhaps more news later today.

Bill

3 comments:

  1. Bill,


    Love seedling 1-300. What's it's cross?
    Hey, we had a green xmas here in Ohio this year. Loved it. We've had a mild December with very little snow. I wish I had your green house. I have no blooms right now except for an Amaryllis my mother gave us.
    Hope you guys had a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,
    The cross is (Wild Hair x Fantastic Fringe). Here it was green as well, that is to say that it did not snow. Last year at Christmas it snowed. This year it rained. I really like the rain because it helps my daylilies grow, but we've had so much of it. I truly enjoy having the Greenhouse. It gives me so many options. The best option is making seeds early, and being able to then plant the seeds early. It is a big "assist" to see plants blooms in only one year. Now I'm looking forward to 2012. Just a few more days and it will arrive.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill!

    My Name is Misty Hyers. My husband Jeremy told me about your flowers. Your flowers are the most beautiful flowers I have seen!! I'm hoping he will take me for a visit. Hope you have a great day. :0)

    ReplyDelete