Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Wife is "So Observant."

Hello Daylily Friends,


Yesterday my beautiful wife, Diana Rae, asked me if  I had seen the large scape on HOTLANTA.  Of course, many of you know that HOTLANTA is Seedling 11-317, and it can be seen on my post on July 15, 2011.  HOTLANTA is the largest daylily that I have growing in the Greenhouse, and I had not seen the new scape.  When I saw it this morning I was truly surprised.  I had thought that if there were new scapes that I would be there first to see them. While I was in the Greenhouse this morning Diana Rae came out and we both looked at HOTLANTA, and I mentioned that I had not seen any scapes on any of my seedlings.

Well, Diana Rae went walking between the rows of seedlings, and soon she said to me, "Here's a new scape."  I immediately walked right over, and I was stunned to see a large scape on a seedling: a cross between 1-300 and CHILLED ORANGE SORBET.  I previously showed 1-300 on May 30, 2011, and I'm showing CHILLED ORANGE SORBET.  I made the cross because CHILLED ORANGE SORBET has such a wonderful color, plus it is dormant.  I used1-300 because of its teeth, its height and its branching.  The scape that Diana called me to see was fabulous.  It was tall, and already shows a branch.  So much to see in just a few weeks.  From now on, I will be even more observant In the Greenhouse.

I have been asked about my cat, SAMMY. He is doing well.  SAMMY usually sleeps all day on top of the couch.  SAMMY usually sleeps with us, and he usually goes out around 6:00 a.m.  He usually returns at about 7:00 a.m. for his breakfast.  SAMMY is spoiled, but still loved very much. He is the best cat.

More news coming soon.

Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment