Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Green

Hello Daylily Friends,
    I am still recovering from my eye surgery and it has been most difficult to maintain the "face-down" position, but I have done my very best.  I went to Dr. Halpern's office this past Monday morning and he was pleased with the progress made with my left eye, but he said that I would have to continue to maintain the face down position for another week.  I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to receive this news.  Anyway, time marches by and this past Sunday our family enjoyed having Easter dinner together.  We all went out to the greenhouse to see the blooms and I had to wear my sunglasses to shield my eyes from the bright light.  I thought you might like to see Diana and  myself and Jeff and Kelley sitting in the greenhouse after lunch. 
         This morning we went to the greenhouse to see the blooms and I was just thrilled to see one of my dormants had a glorious, beautiful green edge.  I don't know what the branching or bud count will ultimately be because this is difficult to determine on a dormant that has only bloomed within a period of eight months.  The one fact that was clearly obvious was that the green edge was vivid, distinct and beautiful.  I was so pleased with this new green edge that I knew you would like to see what we saw this morning and so I am posting a picture of it here in the blog.  
         Diana is still typing for me and I hope she will help me post more at another time.
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bill,


    Wow, sorry to hear you have to be face down for another week. I would have had a hard time with that as well. A very hard time. I hope this is the last week you have to do this. I'm sure you'd much rather be hybridizing, pulling weeds, and tending to your chores instead of lieing face down, but you'll get back to that very soon. Stay positive. You'll get through this. Love the green edged daylily. When you are feeling better you'll have to tell us who the parents are. Thanks to Diana as well for keeping us in the loop. Take good care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    I hope that your eye is healed quickly so you can get back to your normal routine. This seedling is amazing! That IS green! I'm thinking it MUST have Irish Halo as a parent?
    I'm anticating beautiful flowers from the crosses I made with Irish Halo.
    Linda Hassler

    ReplyDelete